HYDAC is pleased to announce the introduction of the VFL Indicator with smart sensor technology. The indicator uses a highly engineered algorithm in combination with learning-capable software to provide the most advanced filter element predictive maintenance. The algorithm, developed from extensive hydraulic and lube oil lab and field experience, collects ΔP, temperature and hours of operation data and determines remaining element life. This method reduces life cycle cost and increases machine reliability.
This technology is offered exclusively for use with HYDAC Quality Protected filters only, to ensure optimal performance and reliability. It helps identify contamination-contributing equipment, before a costly failure can occur.
Product features include:
- High pressure and low Pressure filter applications, 6,000 psi max
- Smart sensors – element life monitoring
- Algorithm (ΔP, temp and hours of operation)
- CANopen and IO-Link communication protocols
- Programmable functionality
- Maximized service intervals
- Less human interaction, less downtime
- 100% trip (2-bar, 5-bar, 8-bar (VD only))
According to Bhavbhuti Pandya, Group Product Manager for HYDAC, “The addition of the VFL indicator in our product portfolio continues to strengthen HYDAC’s position as a global leader in the design of hydraulic and lube filtration products. The VFL enables our customers to get the maximum usage from their HYDAC filter elements and helps condition-based monitoring of equipment or a fleet of equipment.”