Des-Case has recently improved its breather designs, featuring more desiccant and increased airflow without
increasing the external dimensions of the breather, which adds up to 25-50% longer breather life.
Now its VentGuard, Standard and HydroGuard breathers feature the new options, including:
- Domed cap to allow for better washdown runoff
- Enhanced seal eliminates potential for airflow bypass
- Increased space inside the breather providing more desiccant
- External ribs on shell to create greater durability and grip when installing or replacing breather
- Larger, high-capacity check valves for increased airflow at low cracking pressure (VG & HG)
- Integrated drip ring keeps shedding water from entering the vent holes
VentGuard protect against moisture and particulate contamination in low-flow applications with intermittent operations. They are ideal for gearboxes, low-flow, high-humidity and washdown.
Standard breathers provide basic protection from moisture and particulate contamination in lubricant and equipment.
VentGuard and standard breather units replace the standard dust cap or OEM breather cap on equipment. As air is drawn into equipment through the breather, the layered filter elements remove particulate while the desiccant beads strip harmful moisture. While in service or during shut-down, the desiccant beads attract moisture from inside the equipment reservoir, actively drying the equipment.
HydroGuard breathers provide protection from moisture and particulate contamination in low-flow, steady-state operations. In this model, an Expansion chamber and internal check-valve system create a nearly-sealed system. They eliminate rust-forming condensation and prevent sludge deposits and water-contaminated oil. HydroGuard provides longer oil and filter life and reduces wear and tear on equipment.
Standard and HydroGuard are suited to totes, transformers, storage tanks, and hydraulics.